by Jen Lemen
RICS APC Lifeline - Senior Professional Vetting Form Tips
Building a better you
Property Elite’s sole aim is to build better property professionals - supporting your career every step of the way, whether you are completing a RICS accredited degree course, your RICS APC/AssocRICS or simply seeking engaging CPD.
We have already looked at the RICS APC Senior Professional Route, in a recent blog post. If you think you may be eligible to pursue this route, then read on as we will explain how to get your vetting form right first time.
Still not sure about signing up? You can read what some of our recent successful candidates have to say here.
If you have been referred or want to discuss your RICS APC, contact us on 07804 642 825 or email firstname.lastname@example.org - we offer every candidate a free & friendly 30 minute RICS APC consultation.
What is the senior professional route?
This route to qualification is suitable to those with leadership and management responsibilities, on top of relevant surveying experience.
Am I eligible?
You need to have either 10 years’ relevant experience or 5 years’ if you also hold a relevant undergraduate and post graduate degree (or equivalent professional qualification). The latter should be at master’s level or higher.
How do I apply?
After checking you are eligible, you will need to submit the senior professional route application (vetting) form to the RICS. Download the form and other RICS APC guidance here.
This will be reviewed by a panel of senior professional assessors to ensure that your experience and responsibilities are appropriate for the senior professional route.
What does the vetting form include?
- Personal details
- Business details
- Pathway - you need to select one pathway out of a long list, which best reflects your experience and current role, e.g. Building Surveying, Commercial Property, Project Management or Residential (amongst many others)
- Education - details of your university or equivalent qualification, including grade, type of study and dates
- Professional qualifications - relevant to your experience and area of practice
- Professional experience - at least 10 years' experience, if needed, covering your employer, role, key dates and scope/responsibilities
- Senior profile indicators - see below
- Senior profile statement - see below
- Counsellor details, including their RICS number and signature
- Professional declaration - to comply with RICS guidance and requirements
What are the senior profile indicators?
- Managing people
- Managing resources
- Position in the organisation structure
- Decision making
- International dimension
- Client base
Remember, you do not need to demonstrate all of these in your role. However, you should be able to satisfy the requirements for the key senior professional competencies of leadership, managing people and managing resources.
What does my senior profile statement include?
Your 400 word senior profile statement should focus on what you are doing (indicators) and how you are doing it (behaviours).
You must also include an organisation chart or description of the organisation structure (in the context of your role).
You should demonstrate responsibility for the following senior professionals indicators:
- Managing people (level, numbers)
- Managing resources (extent, amount, type)
You should also detail the following elements of your career:
- Position in organisation structure
- Decision making (level, impact)
- International dimension
- Client base (type, profile)
- Recognition from peers, media, professional bodies or industry stakeholders
You should also discuss how you demonstrate at least one of the behaviours:
- Pursue opportunities to develop the industry and profession
- Advocate best practice standards
- Take responsibility to deliver professionalism
- Act with integrity to promote responsible business
If you are unsure of what to write or how to structure your profile statement, just contact us on 07804 642 825 / email@example.com. We offer all candidates a free & friendly 30 minute consultation
Who do I send this to?
You will need to send your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org, together with proof of your qualifications and an organisational structure chart.
What happens next?
If you are approved for the senior professional route, you will need to pay your RICS APC application fee of £599.00 and then start drafting your final assessment submission.
How can we help?
- Sign up for a complimentary copy of our Ebook Guide to the APC (UK and MENA editions)/AssocRICS/Senior Professional Route, together with our updated APC Hot Topic Guide - full of even more helpful advice and tips to pass your RICS APC or AssocRICS with flying colours first time
- Sign up for our bespoke support services, such as our final assessment review & feedback service, RICS APC question packs (around 1,000 questions/30 pages based on your submission), e-mock interviews and revision quizzes. Don't forget that we offer some great value discounted packages if you purchase more than one support service
- If you're confused about anything, just contact us on 07804 642 825 / email@example.com. We offer all candidates a free & friendly 30 minute RICS APC consultation
Not sure about signing up? You can read what some of our recent successful candidates have to say here.
Stay tuned for our next blog post to help build a better you
N.b. nothing in this article constitutes legal advice.