by Jen Lemen
Partnership Announcement with CREation. Hot Topic Highlight - Networking
Property Elite are proud to announce that we will be partnering with CREation Property Network.
Find out more below about who CREation are and how they are inspiring the next generation of property professionals through fun and informative networking events.
You can also listen to the audio version of our blog.
Who is CREation Property Network?
CREation is an inclusive property network that aims to join like-minded people together at the start of their career in property, offering free, interactive events and networking opportunities.
You can check out their current events on their website.
CREation prides itself on being completely diverse and inclusive; they are a networking organisation for early careers in the property industry, no matter the sector, with sponsorship from legal, insurance, development and surveying firms.
To date, they have held 11 events in London and 6 in Manchester, with launches planned in Birmingham and Bristol this year. They now have an impressive 700+ members, 8 sponsors, 12 industry partnerships and have run 3 competitions!
Who are Property Elite?
Property Elite’s sole aim is to build better property professionals - supporting your career every step of the way, whether you are completing a RICS accredited degree course, your RICS APC/AssocRICS or simply seeking engaging CPD.
If you are planning to sit your RICS APC/AssocRICS this Spring, you'll want to have your preparation well under way. We've got lots of candidates already signed up to support their Spring 2019 RICS APC submissions - in our experience, the earlier you seek additional support, the better chance you have of RICS APC success!
Not sure about signing up? You can read what some of our recent successful candidates have to say here. We work with candidates across all RICS APC and AssocRICS pathways, routes to assessment and geographic regions.
We offer every candidate a free 30 minute consultation (including a review of your referral report if you have been referred), so just contact us on 07804 642 825 or firstname.lastname@example.org to book in.
How will we be working together?
Property Elite and CREation will be working together over the coming year on a variety of CPD events and publications. Stay tuned to find out more by signing up to the CREation and Property Elite mailing lists.
So, moving onto our hot topic highlight for this week - read on to find more about how CREation can help you to get the best out of networking.
What is networking?
Networking means many different things to different people.
However, essentially the aim is generally to build long-term relationships, meet new people and provide ideas for business growth.
Why should I do it?
Networking is an essential part of doing business. No-one can work in a vacuum - networking helps you to build your reputation, work effectively in a team and can facilitate future business planning.
Whilst you are a professional, your role extends beyond just the technical side of being a Chartered Surveyor.
What happens if I don’t enjoy networking?
Networking doesn’t just have to be limited to the traditional ‘meet and greet’ or ‘business breakfast’ events.
Joining CREation provides a modern, innovative way of networking, with benefits such as:
- Exciting events held every quarter on current property 'hot topics'
- Events won't be your usual CPD - expect fun interactive sessions and discussions
- Additional networking and socialising events
- Meet new people in similar situations
- Build your own network by interacting with graduates from a range of companies across the industry from competitor to client
- Events will be held at various locations
- Each event will include an informal networking session
It doesn’t matter if you don’t know anybody, although it can make it easier if you take a colleague or friend along. You never know who you might meet!
How can it help me with my APC?
All of the soft skills you can develop by joining CREation are essential components of the RICS APC and AssocRICS mandatory competencies.
They will also help you to become a bettered Chartered Surveyor with an inspiring career ahead of you.
How can we help?
- Sign up for a complimentary copy of our Ebook Guide to the APC (UK and MENA editions)/AssocRICS/Senior Professional Route/FRICS, together with our updated APC Hot Topic Guide - full of even more helpful advice and tips to pass your RICS APC or AssocRICS with flying colours first time
- Sign up for our bespoke support services, such as our final assessment review & feedback service, RICS APC question packs (around 1,000 questions/30 pages based on your submission), e-mock interviews and revision quizzes. Don't forget that we offer some great value discounted packages if you purchase more than one support service
- If you're confused about anything, just contact us on 07804 642 825 / email@example.com. We offer all candidates a free & friendly 30 minute RICS APC consultation
Not sure about signing up? You can read what some of our recent successful candidates have to say here.
Stay tuned for our next blog post to help build a better you
N.b. nothing in this article constitutes legal or financial advice.